Cinque Terre is certainly a gastronomical wonderland with the best views to match. Below is a chronicle of all the amazing food we have managed to experience during our stay.
19:15 my first pistacchio gelato. 🏠location: Trattoria Via Dell’Amore, Riomaggiore
20:46 bruschette ligure (bruschetta with pesto sauce& basil) with locally produced Cinque Terre white wine. 🏠 location: Nessun Dorma, Manarola. We ended up coming back to Nessun Dorma everyday and once you are here, it will all become clear to you: Nessun Dorma simply has the best view of Manarola (or in our view, of the entire Cinque Terre).
21:59 Tagliolino con calamari, muscoli e pomodorino secco (fettuccine with seafood & sundries tomatoes). Trofie al pesto (a local speciality, twist short pasta with basil sauce). more Cinque Terre white wine.🏠 location: Trattoria Il Porticciolo, Manarola
10:39 focaccia rucola stracchino pomodorini (focaccia with arugula, cheese& cherry tomato). Birra Morreti (Italian beer) 🏠 location: café Giovannini, Monterroso
19:17 aperitivo 🏠 Fartamorgana, Camogli
- Bucatini has become my favourite type of pasta
- Sampietrini is my favourite type of pavement
- Belén Rodriguez is every Italian man’s fantasy
- Pecorino Romano is wonderful
- Keglevich is Vodka made in Heaven
- Paolo Intini is the king of nightlife
- Morgan from Bluvertigo is a legend, he could do no wrong
- Lucio Fontana, an Italian artist, is the founder of art movement Spatialism
The most delicious home-cooked meals prepared by my wonderful Couchsurfing hosts
- Tortellini con pana e tartufo
- Broccolo romanesco ripassato in padella
Of course if you hang out with the wonderful locals long enough, you would learn some swear words. Mine is “testa di cazzo”!