Best cocktail bars with the best ambience in Vienna
- der dachboden loft @the 25hours hotel. I could not possibly describe this rooftop bar better than the establishment itself :”It is surreal, surprising and sexy; a place that plays with fantasies and the exotic. Here, the lines between imagination, reality, space and time are blurred.”
- Das LOFT @Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom. Another stunning rooftop lounge/restaurant that an unbelievable view of Vienna and St Stephen’s Cathedral. For contemporary art lovers, LeLoft offers a colorful, illuminated ceiling by multimedia artist Pipilotti Rist. Certainly a top destination to experience the exclusive and extravagant side of Viennese charm.
Best place to experience a cup of traditional Viennese coffee
- Café Schwarzenberg. It hosts Kaffeehausmusik (“Coffee House Music”) on several evenings during the week. Also, Josef Hoffmann, a famous architect, used to frequent this café.
Most beautiful parks in Vienna
Best Christmas Market:
- Rathausplatz: Two words: pure magic!
Interesting facts I discovered in Vienna
- Public transport by integrity: while Vienna has one of the finest public transport systems in Europe, there are no ticket barriers or inspections when entering public transit system.
- My first cup of Glühwein and it’s wonderful! You would see everybody (literally everybody) enjoying a cup of this spiced mulled wine at Vienna’s well-known Christmas markets.
- Viennese Coffee house culture: coffees in Vienna are always served with a glass of water. Also, you would find most traditional Viennese cafés have a marble tabletop.